Provide your learners with the best literacy resources to support their development into confident, effective learners. Here we'll introduce you to our best-selling international curriculum literacy resources.
- With over 40 year’s experience, you can be sure that the Letterland resources are well-written, high-quality and research-approved.
- The friendly letter characters provide strong visual memory clues (or mnemonics) so children learn and retain phoneme/grapheme correspondences.
- Daily blending and segmenting activities make word-building fast and effective. Built-in visual and verbal clues ensure correct letter formation and reduce confusions like b/d, p/q, s/z, n/u and m/w.
- Easy-to-follow instructions in every School or Early Years title means less planning time and more fun with phonics in the classroom.
- With the wide range of teaching and learning resources, including teacher’s guides, readers and software, you can build and grow the phonics programme as it suits your needs.
What are teacher are saying about Letterland? The teaching reading, writing and spelling resource for 3-8 year old children.
Letterland is a fantastic resource to use. I teach grade R learners. For most of them, English is their second or third language. I love the way Letterlandteaches the basics of the English language and makes it fun. I would advise any teacher or parent to use Letterland products to help reinforce English as a language.
I have Living ABC and stories and use it everyday with my interactive board. My kids at school have really benefitted from using this programme.
Samantha Caine from St Joseph’s RC Primary School
Find out more about Letterland
How does Letterland work?
Letterland was created to teach phonics using a story-based approach. The story logic engages students leading to long term retention of concepts. Letterland is wonderfully multi-sensory as it activates all learning channels through music, actions, alliteration, movement, song, art, games and role-play. Learn more here.
Letterland at school?
Letterland Phonics makes learning to read, write and spell fun for both teachers and children. Our wide range of multi-sensory resources have helped teachers all over the world to teach synthetic phonics. Our Teacher’s Guides cover all the essential spelling patterns for the 44 sounds of the English language. Download a Phonics Sample Lesson here.
Letterland at home?
Letterland can help parents introduce phonics to young children. Letterland provides fun ideas that you can use to help with your child’s reading and writing skills. Letterland has additional resources you can use at home to help develop your child’s reading and writing skills.
Where can I buy Letterland?
Letterland is available from leading bookshops and online retailers in South Africa.